As well as this blog, I also have a website and Instagram page with lots more images of my work as well as a few more stories.
If you like woodcarvings, you might want to have a look.

Tuesday 16 October 2012

A totem pole and a sign



The totem pole is finished and I'm very pleased with it! When installed, 3 metres (10 feet) of it will be above ground and 122 cm (4 feet) below ground. It is carved from British larch. I'm particularly pleased with the portrait at the top, although it had to be carved solely from photos as the pole is a surprise gift for someone I've never met. Hopefully the likeness is close enough!


Another little job recently was making a carved oak sign for St Werburghs City Farm in Bristol, to be fixed onto their new play area. It is a 'thank you' to a former trustee of the farm called Martin Maudesley, who is a local professional storyteller and a very nice guy too. Martin studied aphids as his postdoctoral research, so the sign has an aphid on it as well as a long-taied tit (the latter just because they live in the area and are one of my favourite local birds)


No comments:

Post a Comment