As well as this blog, I also have a website and Instagram page with lots more images of my work as well as a few more stories.
If you like woodcarvings, you might want to have a look.

Sunday 24 February 2013

Bristol Festival of Stone, 31st May to the 9th June 2013

I will be doing some carving in Bath limestone at this festival of stonecarving, which is to be held on the harbourside in Bristol.

Although I'm more often covered in wood chippings, I've always enjoyed stone carving and love having the opportunity to get the stoneworking tools out. It was great to have the chance recently as part of Triodos bank's 'Cornerstone' project
(for more info, click on this link:
 http://carvingswithstories.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/triodos-banks-cornerstone-project.html)


There will be 49 other stone carvers in a carving competition, as well as guest carvers and music. I'm entered in the 4 day carve, from the 5th to the 8th of June. It'll  be great seeing a few old friends and having a look at the other work being produced! Now I just need to work out what to produce...

If you'd like to find out more about the Festival of Stone, there's a website at http://festivalofstone.com

No comments:

Post a Comment