This blog is continued with older entries on my website's 'Latest News' page, where you can see projects and images going back to February 2009.

There's loads of images of my carvings and projects on the website, going right back to when I first started out carving. There are also, of course, a few stories. To see them or to return to the website, please click on this link

Friday, 8 February 2013

Some closer shots of the Grinling Gibbons Overmantle in Bristol Library

I dropped into the library yesterday to do some more research on the figurehead for the 'Matthew' and took the opportunity to get a couple of photos of the Gibbons overmantle in the Bristol Room.

To see my previous post about this apparently little-known oak carving by probably the greatest woodcarver ever to work in Britain, click on this link: http://carvingswithstories.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/grinling-gibbons-in-bristol-hidden.html

It seems incredibly hard to find any recent images of the overmantle online, so here's some. They're a bit dark, as the room is shaded to stop light damage and I didn't want to use flash photography for the same reason. Even so, there's not that many other pictures of them about it seems, so I hope you like these ones!





No comments:

Post a Comment